SOCARTES is an educational non-profit founded in December 2012. This organization's focus is to help individuals overcome personal challenges and barriers to achieve educational goals within their communities.
SOCARTES' strongly believes that challenges (e.g., tuition, transportation, past experiences) should not be a factor in an individual's ability to receive a quality education. Moreover, SOCARTES is committed to providing individuals access to personal development opportunities, which can lead to these individuals reaching their career potential and goals.
* 11/2015 - Began a 5-week Life Skills Management class at a jail
* 11/2015 - Began a 5 - week Business - Soft Skills class at a jail
* 10/2015 - Completed a 8-week Introduction to Business class at a jail
* 7/2015 - SOCARTES' founder speaking at Arlington County Board meeting to seek approval to obtain complementary access to meeting rooms at community recreational centers to offer life and business training to residents. (Comments at 38 - 40 minutes; board's responses at 1:09 - 1:17)
* 6/2015 - SOCARTES' founder delivers commencement address at Fairfax County Non-Traditional High School graduation
Don't devalue any positive struggles toward an endpoint, because completion and success feel the same no matter the way you started.
Source: S. L. Young
Source: Dept. of Education (2012)
Copyright ©2013 - 2015 Saving Our Communities at Risk Through Educational Services (SOCARTES) / All rights reserved