* 10/2014 - SOCARTES resumes work at a local jail with a business training program starting the first week of November
* 9/2014 - After taking a summer break, SOCARTES will start new programming. 2014 - 2015 goals: 1) continue work at a local jail, 2) partner with a community group, and 3) inspire students to overcome challenges to be their best.
* 7/2014 - SOCARTES is on summer break until at least September. Stay tuned for updates.
* 6/2014 - Completed a 9-month soft, business, and life skills training program at a local jail
* 6/2014 - Completed a Life Skills Management Program at a local jail
* 2/2014 - Delivered a discussion about "belief" at a local jail to inspire inmates to "believe" in themselves.
* 1/2014 - Completed a Soft Skills Development Program at a local jail.
More than 1 in 5 students nationally do not graduate high school, roughly:
Source: Dept. of Education (2013)
GIVE SOMEONE A CHANCE
Give others a chance, the same chance that you would want someone to give you.
Source: S. L. Young
SOCARTES is an educational non-profit founded in December 2012. The organization's focus is to help individuals overcome personal challenges and barriers to achieve educational goals within their communities.
SOCARTES' strongly believes that challenges (e.g., tuition, transportation, or past experiences) should not be a factor in an individual's ability to receive a quality education. Moreover, SOCARTES is committed to providing individuals access to personal development opportunities, which can lead to these individuals reaching their career potential and goals.