* 5/2015 - Started a 4-week condensed Introduction to Business Overview class at a local jail
* 1/2015 - Completed an 8-week Introduction to Business Overview class at a local jail
* 11/2014 - SOCARTES founder gave an inspirational discussion with at-risk students in Fairfax County, VA
* 10/2014 - Resume work at a local jail with a business training program starting the first week of November
* 9/2014 - After taking a summer break, SOCARTES will start new programming. 2014 - 2015 goals: 1) continue work at a local jail, 2) partner with a community group, and 3) inspire students to overcome challenges to be their best.
* 6/2014 - Completed a 9-month soft, business, and life skills training program at a local jail
Source: Dept. of Education (2012)
Don't devalue any positive struggles toward an endpoint, because completion and success feel the same no matter the way you started.
Source: S. L. Young
SOCARTES is an educational non-profit founded in December 2012. The organization's focus is to help individuals overcome personal challenges and barriers to achieve educational goals within their communities.
SOCARTES' strongly believes that challenges (e.g., tuition, transportation, or past experiences) should not be a factor in an individual's ability to receive a quality education. Moreover, SOCARTES is committed to providing individuals access to personal development opportunities, which can lead to these individuals reaching their career potential and goals.